If you have a dispute with a health fund you should first take up the matter with the fund in question.

If you are not satisfied with the response to a dispute with your fund you have the option of contacting the following bodies in relation to the dispute:

Commonwealth Ombudsman
Telephone: 1300 362 072

Website: https://www.ombudsman.gov.au/complaints/private-health-insurance-complaints

Contact details: https://www.ombudsman.gov.au/contact


Forward the problem to a health care complaints commission or fair trading body in your state or territory of residence.


Report your health fund’s behaviour to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.